We specialise in Victorian tiling, modern geometric and period mosaic.
London Victorian Mosaic
Victorian mosaic tiles were installed for two main reasons, they were considered to be hygienic and decorative. Some might say that the Victorian aesthetic was over the top but the effect of a decorative path, hall floor and porch panels certainly impressed any guest waiting at the door of a grand London town house.
These geometric mosaic floor tiles are composed of vitrified ceramic tiles in various shapes and sizes and are able to produce an infinite number of attractive designs.
At London Mosaic we supply a comprehensive reproduction range suitable for interior and exterior use. For a hard wearing, practical and elegant flooring solution London Mosaic have the most extensive and ever expanding range of floor tile designs for both the traditional and contemporary home.
Useful advice on installing Victorian mosaic tiles
- If buying tiles in a loose format, ensure that the fitter has experience of fitting traditional Victorian tile designs especially if they are complex.
- Sheeted tiles are available exclusively through London Mosaic - a unique new system that broadens the possibilities of employing a good qualified tiler to fit a complex design.
- Request a diagram of the planned design.
- Ensure that all fixing specifications are provided, detailing for example the type of adhesive and grout that is used.
- Always ensure that the base on which the tiles are to be fixed is solid, smooth and has been checked by the tiler.